Repost: Top 50 List

Nearly a year ago to the day inspired by The Irish Times compiled best 50 Irish acts at that moment in time I posted my Top 50 of Irish Artists. The only stipulation was that the artist had to gig or release an album in the last 12 months prior to the compiled list.


My choices last year were based on bands and artists who I connected with at the time.




1. The Swell Season/Frames/Glen
2. Terry Sutton
3. Martin Finke
4. Pony Club
5. Lisa Hannigan
6. Iain Archer
7. Brain Canavan
8. Shaz Oye
9. Mark Dignam
10. I Am Not Lefthanded
11. Kiernan McMullan




12. Alphastates
13. The Guggenheim Grotto
14. Nick Kelly
15. Gemma Hayes
16. One Day International
17. Wallis Bird
18. My Brother Woody
19. The Gorgeous Colours
20. Damien Rice
21. Ham Sandwich
22. Angel Pier
23. Sinead O'Connor
24. Perry Blake
25. A Lazarus Soul
26. Susan Enan
27. Foy Vance
28. Bell X1
29. Bill Coleman
30. Mumblin' Deaf Ro





31. Declan DeBarra
32. Fred
33. Armoured Bear
34. Lunasa
35. Miss Paula Flynn
36. Colin Devlin
37. Oppenheimer
38. The Spook of the Thirteeth Lock
39. Mark Geary
40. Padraig Digan
41. Barry McCormack
42. The Hedge Schools
43. Damien Dempsey
44. David Kitt
45. Liam O'Maonai
46. Declan O'Rourke
47. Butterfly Explosion
48. Percolator





49. Groom
50. Emmet Scanlan & What The Good Thought



The new 'Top 50' will be very different. Some of the above acts haven't done anything in the last 12 months and a couple of the bands have split up!

This coming week I'm going to my updated Top 50 in five separate posts and will include some video clips or samples. Check back Monday to Friday folks!

Comments

Nat_A_Lie said…
I wonder could I compile such a list, and if so, what would be on it??
Unknown said…
go 4 it Natalie, we could compare n contrast!
Nat_A_Lie said…
Are you doing them in order or just listing 50? Wow, this is going to take a great deal of thought. . .