Interview: Rae Morris


Rae Morris has announced a headline show at The Academy Green Room on Friday May 15th. Tickets €16 incl. booking fee and are available to buy right now!
**This is an over 18s show – ID required.

Rae Morris is a 22 year-old singer-songwriter from Blackpool. Learning piano at an early age and forever underestimating her ability, Rae recently found a voice she didn’t know she had. Make your own comparisons, but be sure to notice a woman of maturity beyond her years. Cleverly matching her inimitable voice to songs of new experiences, those defining challenges like love and not always being able to have the answers, Rae is the epitome of raw and claims nothing else.

1.     Who are you?
My name is Rae Morris. I’m a 22 year old singer and songwriter. 

2.     Where are you based?
At the moment i’m based in East London. I originally grew up in the small seaside town of Blackpool. 

3.    What achievements do you want me to know about?
The thing i’m most proud of to date is the release of my debut album at the start of this year. It’s called Unguarded. 

4.    What are you up to now?
I’m currently sat in the back of our tour van. We just got off an overnight ferry back from Amsterdam to Hull. 

5.    Name something unique about you or/and your product?
I guess the fact that i’m from Blackpool makes me slightly different from others. Growing up in the north-west of England made me grounded.

6.   What is the best song ever written?
I would say Dusty Springfield’s Son of a Preacher Man. 

7.   What's the best album ever made?
For me it is Kate Bush’s Aerial. 

8.    What are your future plans?
My plans are to continue making music and writing songs. I want to travel as much as i can and open my eyes to new things. I have much to learn and take in. 

9.   Where can I spend money on you or your product?
I think most small record stores should have my album in stock as well as the bigger places to buy like iTunes or Amazon. Or you could come to a gig of mine and buy something straight from me! 

10.  Last one, ...... Make Us Laugh 
Have you heard the one about the magic tractor? It drives down the road and turns into a field......... 
https://www.facebook.com/raemorrisblackpool


Comments